Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm bored and posting old pictures. Ha!



So this is Rod and me on our wedding day--July 24, 2004.

I'm the one in the white dress. Rod's standing next to me.

Our friend Mark Kraynak is standing to Rod's left.

My sister is the one in yellow on my right.

Her name's Gabrielle--Cool California Poet Farmer.

She's the shit. (Really, she is. Just ask anyone. They'll say--Gabi Myers. Ah. The shit.)

She sent me a poem today, by James Wright.

Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota

Over my head, I see the bronze butterfly,
Asleep on the black trunk,
Blowing like a leaf in green shadow.
Down the ravine behind the empty house,
The cowbells follow one another
Into the distances of the afternoon.
To my right,
In a field of sunlight between two pines,
The droppings of last year's horses
Blaze up into golden stones.
I lean back, as the evening darkens and comes on.
A chicken hawk floats over, looking for home.
I have wasted my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Minerva Jane said...

Yes, the poem is a little sad. But also beautiful... makes me think about what's important--not just what you do or accomplish but HOW you live, and how you treat those around you.... Of course, I'm reading a lot into it that's not necessarily in the poem...

And thanks. It was a beautiful wedding if I say so myself. :-)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home