Thursday, December 01, 2005

Karma Yoga @ Yoga People

This morning I worked my first shift at Yoga People in Brooklyn Heights. I’ll be opening the studio on Tuesdays and Thursdays for Cassandra’s 6:30 Vinyasa Class. Rod, my husband, thought I was crazy for signing up for the shift, but I had my reasons. Namely the free yoga class I get in exchange for working, but also there’s something exhilarating about walking down the city street, steaming cup of tea in hand, before even the corner deli opens. On my way to work. Plus, the studio is so quiet and clean at that time. I straighten up, start the tea, burn some incense and wait for the blear-eyed practitioners to traipse through the door. Feels a little like reverence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home