Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Construction Woes

So now they're stripping the paint from the front of the building. Two guys are spraying some sort of toxic liquid and paint chips and this reddish fluid are raining down onto the sidewalk below. Some has leaked through the bedroom window and puddled onto the floor. Staining our blinds and some of my clothes that were carefully (oh so carefully) placed in a pile next to the dresser.

We've now filed complaint #3 with the City. But the landlord doesn't really care. Cheaper for her to rack up the fines and just pay them then to hire a competent crew that'll cover all safety precautions.

My blood boils...


3 Comments:

Blogger Renee Nefe said...

I would look into that. There has to be some sort of tenant rights for living in a safe environment and not having your property destroyed.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Minerva Jane said...

Yeah, we're calling a lawyer to see what the City is obligated to do...

1:01 PM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Sue 'em! I feel aggrieved enough that the construction work being done across the road from us is making our car all dusty. "Who's paying for the car wash?" I keep asking. That is, I keep asking myself and Wife, not the people who matter...

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home