Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Virginia Farm

My parents are visiting from Virginia this weekend. (I know: we were down at their place last weekend. But my dad's speaking at some cancer event today in Manhattan, so...)

In their honor I'm posting a picture of their gorgeous garden. This is a photo of the corn. There was also a little patch with some kind of exotic japanese beans and a whole slew of drying swiss chard. When I pointed out that the plants were wilting and should probably be harvested, my dad said, "Yeah. Turns out we don't like swiss chard so much..." When I was down there last weekend we harvested a shitload of onions--red and white--and potatoes and we brought a whole bag back to Brooklyn. Mmmm. R. made homefries yesterday and they were delish.



3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

The garden is cool! Nothing like corn fresh from a garden!

Enjoy your weekend with your parents!!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Ha ha your dad is funny, I love it, it turns out we don't like swiss chard.Oops!

Um, I tagged you...yikes don't be mad at me it's a fun tag...! A bit of work but not too much...and I understand if it isn't for you and you pass...

4:43 PM  
Blogger Minerva Jane said...

Ah! A tag. How exciting. I'll get to work on it right now...

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home