Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wednesday Confession

I was on a series of antidepressants for both anxiety and depression from the time I was eighteen until mid-May of this year. (I'm 33). All I can say is that prozac, zoloft, effexor, wellbutrin or lexapro didn't even come close to what 60 minutes of cardio five days a week has done.

How do I have time for this much exercise? Easy: I don't have kids; I don't watch TV; I'm not a drinker; I work from my home office, which means 0 commute; and I live in an apartment so there's no garden or lawn that needs tending. Besides, the extra effort is worth not feeling drugged out, asexual or as emotionally flat as a pancake.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Tempest said...

I've also started exercising lately and found the same results.

The doctors and perscription people aren't happy. But I don't care. I feel a million times better.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was 19 I had a major clinical depression. I would have taken anything but they had no meds like they do now for it. I still deal with some anxiety issues etc, but, like you, I have found ways to deal with it without side effects. I recently saw a master chinese medicine practitioner for 2 years for Chronic Fatigue. I have a "wellness management" blog sidebar that explains the rest. So glad you've found something healthy that helps! I jump on my big trampoline.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I love the way exercise makes me feel as well. Since I went on my journey to be a healthier me, I haven't had to be on medication either.

http://skinniereverafter.blogspot.com/

10:22 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

This is very positive and I find lots of people have similar results. Also making sure you have excellent sources of vitamin b complex makes a difference. either through diet or natural source vitamins.

thanks for all your help with TT!!!!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home