Thursday, January 11, 2007

Morningside Writers

So last night I met with the leader of the Morningside Writers group at the Saurin Park Cafe in Harlem. Kendall seemed nice enough--the most thoroughly organized group of nonprofessional writers I think I've ever seen--but it turns out there's a $100 yearly membership fee to join. (He said there was a notice on the site, and of course after looking today I see that there is, but I seem to have overlooked it before I headed on up there.) I'm really craving a group of dedicated writer-readers to share my work with, but to actually pay for it? I dunno. Am I too cheap for my own good? I'll certainly take the committment more seriously if I have to pay for it... I think I'll audit a session first to see if the other writers are people I'd get along with well in a group setting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

aww man... a fee?? that seems silly

who gets the money?

anyway, i made a suggestion on my blog today that we start a cross-country (or cross-global even) writing group. it won't be the same as meeting face-to-face... but maybe it'll be even better because i think honesty is easier when you can't see facial expressions :)

next on my post list is a post about our meeting... look for it soon :)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home