Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Newest Girl-Writer Crush

Her name is Miranda July.

She's a short story writer, screenwriter/actor/director, performance artist and all-around funky chick. (Check out "How To Tell Stories To Children" in the current Zoetrope: All-Story and her film, Me & You & Everyone We Know.)

She was born in Barre, VT, grew up in Berkeley and is only a year younger than I am. Oh: and Timothy Leary was her godfather.

Her first short story collection, No One Belongs Here More Than You, is due out in May.

I'm so there.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

oh man... i saw me and you and everyone we know a few months ago. LOVED it!

and i agree... my friends and i all developed little she-crushes on her after watching the film, and i'll definitely check out her short story collection.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home