Monday, February 05, 2007

Inner Ear Infection Woes

It started friday night. I felt kinda sick so when R went out with his friend T I decided to stay home and relax. About an hour after he left, I felt this weird headrush thing and there was all this pressure in my right ear. Then? The most intense stomach-wrenching case of vertigo/dizziness I've EVER felt in my life. I mean, turning my head on the pillow made me feel seasick.

It was worse on Saturday when I woke up. I mean. I felt like I was dying. I couldn't eat. Couldn't drink: a glass of cranberry juice turned out to be a VERY bad idea and so I was too scared to drink anything but the tea the rest of the day. All weekend I coasted on ginger tea and benadryl while I tried very hard not to move my head even just a little bit.

And today? My stupid doctor isn't seeing patients until tomorrow morning between 8 and 11.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Eeeeh, that doesn't sound like fun at all... Hope your doctor sorted it all out for you.

And by the way, I'm impressed that in Brooklyn you get to see a doctor within 24 hours of calling them. In London it used to be at least a week between a distressed phonecall and the visit. Which one would regularly cancel, since by the time it came round, you were over whatever had made you feel like calling the doctor in the first place...

8:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was the same when I lived in the south of England - plan your illnesses in advance to get to see a doctor when you are still ill.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

FREAK-EE... i had an almost identical experience last weekend. i started feeling bad last friday night, went to bed and woke up feeling like i was falling off a building. i threw up and then proceeded to spend the rest of the day saturday petrified that if i moved i'd fall off a roller coaster or something. i finally called 911 and spent the last six days in the hospital. i'm so glad yours didn't get that bad, and i hope you're feeling better.

it truly was one of the most horrifying experiences i've ever had. (mine was MS though... not an ear infection... so that may have been the difference)

anyway, i really do hope you're feeling better. i wouldn't wish vertigo on my worst enemy.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home