Thursday, May 17, 2007

Why Eavesdropping Is My Favorite Hobby

It's about 10:15 AM and I'm sitting in the Tea Lounge working on my current ghost-writing project (a text on longevity) and there's a group of four Mommies sitting opposite me chatting about their children and their childhoods. None of them seem to be over 40 and the one child present is about 2 years old.

One woman sips her soy chai latte and turns to the other:

"I mean you’d go over to my uncle's house and you know how you have those canisters on the counter for rice and stuff? They had one for flour and one for sugar. And then at the end there was one for the Coke."

"He was in a band," she adds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

hahaha... people are awesome.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home