Thursday, July 19, 2007

Best Laid Plans

When I was a preteen my plan was to move to Paris after college and rent a studio apartment above a bakery where I'd spend my days writing poetry. I imagined myself waking each morning to the scent of baking bread and sitting down at a wooden desk with a spiral notebook and a set of new yellow pencils. There was also a window that looked out over a narrow street. Red shutters and whitewashed walls.

Strange, but I still daydream about that room and about the clarity I've always imagined such a spartan existence would bring.

3 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

love this. i have daydreams of moving to new zealand, living on a sheep farm and writing the best things my brain and hand could ever dream conjure.

i wish daydreams became realities more often.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

That sounds like a fabulous dream. Don't give it up. You never know when it might happen.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Ivan Dunn said...

This wass lovely to read

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home