Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm sitting in a coffee shop in the Village called Think--my usual hunt on City writing days. I'm surrounded by young NYU students engrossed in their laptops and books. Next to laptops lie cell phones and iPhones and blackberrries and half of the kids are wearing ear phones plugged into their computers.

And what do you think is playing at a slightly louder than comfortable level? Echoing almost in the coffee shop?

Bob Dylan's greatest hits.

And as I'm sitting here listening to his words I'm struck by how eerily right and accurate they are--even after all this time. Words from a generation before mine still speaking to the generation after mine.

Sometimes? Life is just too beautiful it breaks my heart.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home