Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Yoga & Back Pain

I've been pushing my mother for years to try yoga for her back pain. I mean, she'd already become a fan of massage and acupuncture, so how far of a jump could yoga be? This past year she's finally gotten into it--I think she'd bringing her mat with her for the Christmas visit so we can practice together. I'm thinking about taking her downt o Integral Yoga with me.

Although, if she hadn't been convinced I'd have more amunition for my arugment: there's scientific evidence! (Well, kind of: 101 patients followed for 26 weeks. There could actually be a number of factors contributing--the kind of yoga taught; the fact that subjects were exercising at all; the critera established by evluating therapist.)

We'll obviously need more studies to find out what's really going on, but hey--it's a start.

And just think, next time you go to the doctor you may hear: take two half-moons and call me in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home