Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Further Evidence That I’m A Superhero

My special power? I can conjure people. Not immediately and not every time, but within 24 hours of thinking about someone, Pouf! There they are! Usually!

Example #1: A few weeks ago Rod and I were strolling around Brooklyn. (Yes, we do that now that we’re in NY. We stroll. In the evening.) And I mentioned how we hadn’t heard from his mother in a while and that I was worried. She’s been going through a hard time lately and I thought it’d be a good idea to check in on her. Rod agreed and, as we crossed the street, she called. Weird.

Example #2: There are these two girls who used to come to the 7 am yoga class. Then they stopped coming—for several weeks. Last Tuesday, Gayle and I were talking about them and about how they don’t come to class anymore. She went in to the studio and started class and NOT FIVE MINUTES later, there they were.

Example #2: Yesterday I purchased a copy of the Baghavad Gita and started reading it while I was on the elliptical machine at the gym. I thought about Nehal, a friend from college and decided I really should call her to talk about the book because we’d had a great conversation when I read the Ramayana a few years ago. Plus, well, we hadn’t spoken in about four months and I really owed her a call. When I returned to my locker to get my stuff there was a voicemail. From Nehal!

See? I’m not making any of this up. Just call me SuperJessie and let’s be done with it. I even have a costume planned out: gypsy skirt and a halter top with little mirrors all over it. Everything in red. I’ll get a tiara, too. And a big silver arm band with little snakes winding around my arm…. My eyes all decked out with black kohl and my hair down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home