Thursday, October 12, 2006

Out Of Nowhere

So I sat down yesterday in my current fave writing spot (the Tea Lounge on Court Street) and started working on this story that's been ambling along for months now. I was actually just sort of free writing, half listening to the guy sitting on the sofa next to me as he chatted with his girlfriend, when all of the sudden the words just started pouring out of me. I started to tell R about it when I got home later that night but something stopped me. I don't know. I felt kind of superstitious about it--like maybe if I talked about the story itself it'd take some of the momentum out of it. Deflate it in some way.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

Ohhhh...I can understand that. I have things I find are a jinx...and it drives Stagg crazy. One, I don't like any art work in our studio. It has to be put away after it's finished.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i LOVE when that happens when i'm writing.... wish it happened more, matter of fact

5:54 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Isn't it super when the creative juices break through!

6:07 PM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

When that has happened to me in the past, I figure it's just because I realize how lame my idea is once verbalized.
:-(
I like your explanation better. I'll use that in future.
:-)

4:48 AM  
Blogger Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

i know what you mean about the jinx.... sometimes something really good happens to me, and I am really so bubbling with positivity, and I want to turn around and share it with someone..... but then something stops me, like if I do say it out loud, it may just go way.....

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home