Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dining With The Starz: Peter Hamill & Minerva Jane

Last night we went to dinner at Blue Hill NYC with another couple to celebrate our collective birthdays. (All four fall within one month of eachother so we decided to splurge!)

All night I kept thinking that the guy sitting next to me was a famous writer. (This being Manhattan, such an assumption isn't as crazy as it sounds.) But I couldn't think of the guy's name so I didn't say anything to R or our companions, just ate my Stone Barns greens and grass-fed lamb and apple crumble with cinnamon ice cream. (I'll admit I missed some of our conversation as I eavesdropped on his conversation in an attempt to solve the mystery...)

And I continued to wrack my brain today trying to figure it out. Just moments ago I realized who it was... Peter Hamill, author of the much-lauded "New York" memoir Downtown.

May my brush with literary success bring me good writing luck.... Next on the chopping block is a new short story about a bridal shower on the Upper West Side.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gardenia said...

What a fabulous sounding dinner! My mouth waters thinking of lamb chops with peppercorns -

Happy Birthday!

.....and good luck & much success as you begin your next writing venture!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

awesome! so fun to be seated next to a famous writer :)

i'd much rather be eavesdropping on the conversation of an acclaimed writer than any movie star (except maybe johnny depp or viggo mortensen... then it'd be a toss up)

hahah... and i echo gardenia... good luck on the new story!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

This does sound like a good din in what fun. Happy Birthday!!!!

I am also happy to hear that writers are still hanging out in Manhattan I worry those days were long gone and how intertesting you were able to recognize Hammill. I hope his vibe does rub off on you and let us know about the story. Best of luck with the bridal shower article...do we get a sneak peeek?

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home