Friday, January 12, 2007

Writing Friends Are The Coolest Friends

One of the guys R. and I were friends with back at the American University MFA writing program, P, just sent me his copy of Cormac McCarthy's The Road. So excited. I've been dying to read this thing, but, well, the stack of others awaiting my attention prevented me from buying my own yet. That makes the third book I've received this week: others include Brookland by Emily Barton (who we're going to hear read tonight as part of the One Story reading series) and Doris Lessing's The Story of General Dann and Mara's Daughter, Griot, and The Snow Dog. (The Cleft hasn't been released in the US yet.)

Right now I'm smack in the middle of Hyperion, a Sci-fi novel my friend D, a retired astrophysicist married to my poet-friend S, gave me over a year ago. But once I'm done? Let the winter hibernation/reading begin!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

That MFA program looks very good. Did you have a good experience there overall and find it a good program? I've known people who have gone to the University of Iowa one; it's supposed to be very prestigious. I have thought of going to get my MFA but am not sure if there's much point now.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home