Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Labyrinthitis

That's what I've got. Basically, an inner ear infection, as I thought.

Wikipedia tells us that "Recovery from acute labyrinthine inflammation generally takes from one to six weeks; however, it is not uncommon for residual symptoms (dysequilibrium and/or dizziness) to last for many months or even years (Bronstein, 2002) if permanent damage occurs."

Did you read that? One to six weeks! God.

They gave me an antinausea/antivertigo med but basically it is just a matter of time before I heal by myself...

In the meantime, dizziness abounds.

And I have to admit, I find a teensy weensy bit of satisfaction in the fact that the ailment's called labyrinthitis, given my love of Borges.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home