Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I Have A Camera, I Just Keep Forgetting To Use It

Today, in Union Square: three different groups of grade-school age kids traipse past my bench wearing matching Tshirts. Blue, Orange and Green. Meanwhile, triads of teenagers with videocameras block out scenes.

And you know what I decided as I sat there studying them? The older I get, the more I can't help but see in these tiny people the reflecftion of the adults they one day will become, and, in turn, the children they are in the adults who surround me.

Because we all need the same thing, whether we're 8 or 88. A little patience, a lot of love, and some room to grow into the people we're constantly becoming.

3 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

you're so good at saying so much in so few words.

i wish i had that gift.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i imagine you don't do these things anymore... but i tagged you (just in case)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Beautiful thought and post.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home