Saturday, October 06, 2007

Paul Giamatti At Noodle Pudding; George Clooney & Brad Pitt Film In Brooklyn Heights

We sat next to Paul Giamatti last night at Noodle Pudding here in Brooklyn Heights. He was with his wife and kid and I have to say it was so sweet watching them interact. He's a great father. He also ordered the same dish as me: lamb with roasted squash and arugula. Which was good, albeit a little underdone.

And earlier in the week they were filming some movie with Brad Pitt and George Clooney back behind our street. (They changed the street signs on Clinton & State to 30th &M NW so something tells me this was supposed to be DC. Which--given all the brownstones--isn't so far-fetched.) All the stunt trailers were parked along Atlantic Ave. Boy do those guys get shafted. Some of them were so friggin small I can't imagine there was enough room to do more than change your clothes.

But damn do I love my 'hood! Always something going on.

And the people are super nice. One local resident even let Brad Pitt use her toilet when he had to go in the middle of shooting. I'm not kidding: read the Brooklyn Heights blog if you don't believe me.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have yet to see either Brad or George, but I love our neighborhood too. I'm on Henry and Pierrepont.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i love paul giamatti. and even though he annoys me with all the children and angelina, i'd still let brad use my toilet any time. george, too.

what a fun neighborhood. i imagine, if i were to move to new york, i'd live in brooklyn. i don't think i could stand manhattan.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home