Friday, September 19, 2008

But I Have TV

My father's an oncologist who specializes in prostate cancer and as such he's got more than a few stories about kooky patients.

Like this little exchange he told me about a while back:

Guy comes into the clinic. My Dad, as part of his routine, asks about the guy's personal life, since so many cancer patients suffer from depression. (And depression can affect the success of their treatments.)

The man is retired. He's not married. He has no real friends. He has no hobbies. He has no siblings and both of his parents are dead. He has no pets.

My dad--deeply worried--asks: "Don't you get lonely?"

The guy's astonished: "Lonely!" he says. "Why would I be lonely? I have TV."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home