Sunday, September 24, 2006

Gary Lucas & Colbert Late Nite

So last night we went to the Bowery Poetry Club to hear Gary Lucas. Incredible, albeit at times the sound was way too loud for such a small space. For this one song a singer named Feliz from a NYC-based band Faith joined them and I swear I got chills. Plus, we got to hang out with this new couple. D, an old friend of R's and his wife, D. We went back to their place in the Village and hung out watching a videotape they had of Colbert's roast of Prez Bush. I'd never seen the whole thing, but god was it good.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I'm sure this is becoming very old hat to you, but when I read about you going back to someone's place "in the Village", it's so awesome! I can't believe people actually live that close to the action... Fab, fab, fab!!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Jean Vengua said...

I heard Gary Lucas' Gods & Monsters a couple years ago when I came to NYC from California. Great band, great guitarist.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home