Monday, September 18, 2006

Rats Near Washington Square Park

So last Friday night after dinner and drinks and hanging out in our friend D.'s West Village apartment we went to some part of NYU that has this huge Picasso sculpture. We had to cross Washington Square Park at about 3 in the morning and I have to say I have never seen so many rats in one place in my entire life. I'm not talking ten or fifteen or even twenty but more like thirty. Tiny and kinda cute, but still. Rats. I've never been so appalled in my life.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I would have a heart attack. I cannot bear the sight of the little bastards. Or even the mere mention of them. The fact that I read this post in spite of the title says a lot about how much I enjoy your writing, actually!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeks!!! No way are you going to convince me rats are cuts!!! What ever their size, colour or shape!!! They are disgusting creaturse.... Getting goose bumps just thinking of them..... ugh!

BTW why is it I cannot comment using my blogger identity????

7:33 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Oh I've seen those critters. Have you read the book about Rats written a couple years ago by NY writer I think?

Many years ago sleeping at my boyfriends place in lower east side, he had one of those grated iron fenced in basement suites...and hot summe and water leaked into the apartment, heroin dealers all up and down the street in the middle of the night. And after walking home from clubbing all night, my dear sweet boyfriend would fall asleep...but I would sit in bed, often crying, while rats came in the bedroom basement window.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having a contact gross out here. I hope it doesn't bring on a nightmare.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home