Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thursday 13: Autumn Goals

1. Clean out and fully organize my bedroom closet. (For the past five years this has been a New Year’s resolution but somehow it never gets done.)

2. Go to more literary events (readings) in Manhattan.

3. Complete the first third of my new novel by December 1.

4. Continue sending queries to agents for my first novel, The Jar-Born Sage.

5. Get my haircut by the folks at John Sahag. (Gotta save up, but it’s worth it.)

6. Go through my book collection and see if there are any I can sell or trade. (To make room for more!)

7. Go apple-picking in upstate NY.

8. Create a kick-ass Halloween costume.

9. Have killer abs by Christmas.

10. Learn to knit. (I want to make my own scarf this winter.)

11. Wash my cats every other month. (I think I’m the only person in the world who does this, but with four longhair cats in a two bedroom apartment, it’s a necessity. Plus, I’ve been doing it since they were 8 weeks old, so by now they’re used it. And I swear one even seems to like the warm water!)

12. Bake an apple pie from scratch. (I’ve never done this. Always relied on store-bough crust.)

13. Learn to bake sourdough bread.

If anyone has any recipes and/or advice for the last two, please comment or email me at msminervajane @ earthlink . net!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't Thanksgiving and apple pie just go together so well....Mmm!

-G

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A whole lot of goals!!! All the best.

You bathe your cats? Just read about this a few days back... Cats & water that is...

5:42 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Check out wandering coyote's blogs (she has 2 - one just recipes). I'm sure she'll have recipes for both sourdough and a kickass pie crust. There's a link to her on my blog or go straight to her main blog at: www.wanderingcoyote.blogspot.com

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sage born in a jar? It's sad that John the barber is no longer with us. I have a crust recipe, but I can't email it today. Gotta dig it out. Remind me if I forget.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a long list of goals to accomplish, good luck! My TT is up.

Happy Thursday!
Jodi
aka Mama Jodi's World

9:02 AM  
Blogger Red said...

Ooh, I'd love to go apple-picking with you, that sounds like a load of fun! Then you can use the apples you pick for the apple pie you'll bake.

But you're on your own for those killer abs, girl! I ain't doin' no sit-ups!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

All the best with your novels! You're going to have a busy fall!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Buttercup said...

Yum to the apple pie and sourdough bread and good luck with the writing!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My suggestion for your Closet-Cleaning goal is to enlist a friend, and then take Everything out of it (no thinking involved!) and then you are committed to the task. `The friend is there to say, "Do you really NEED this?" ect
~the healing room

10:54 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Whew what a buch of goals my god. I almost forgot about you and TT...sheesh!

Um, I have been doing sit-ups and slow going but something, I too want killer abs.

My sister is an awesome baker and makes all kind sof bread...she has just started a blog but she is shy

http://undergroundbaker.blogspot.com/

ask her anything, she knows it all...and tomorrow I was gonna link her blog so she'll be glad for company...

I made a pie twice once in high school it sucked. Then at my sisters place. I baked it my bor-in-law came home "oh wow pie" takes a bite and say its raw...I already baked it for an hour apparently it takes a lot longer...

Writing a list like this is such a good idea, I need to do it. Its such a good way to work towards your goals!

I also bath cats, and oddly cats quite often love water don't they?
Love it.

Here is my TT

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/09/thirteen-things-i-can-do-to-save-world_14.html

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home