Saturday, August 26, 2006

Going (Kind of) Off-Grid in California

I'm in San Francisco, sitting in M's apartment, sipping espresso mixed with chocolate soy milk. My sister's en route to SF from Vacaville. I'm looking out at the city--the undulating hills of low white buildings peppered with the occasional purple or pink building. There's a gentle fog and the air is crisp and cool.

I may have a chance to post once or twice from a cafe in Vacaville and then again Tuesday night before we head out to the desert but won't be able to browse (or comment on) anyone's blogs.

Below is a picture my Mom took from a trial in the Berkeley hills a few years ago when she was out visiting my sister. (G. used to live right near UC Berkeley when she was working at Olivetos.) The view I'm looking at right now is similar, albeit currently overcast.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

Kewl.

How exciting to see your sister soon.

I am still thinking about you goig to burning man...was telling my friends at a bbq last night how jealous I am and how next year for sure I'm going!

I am going to miss you, but can't wait to hear about the trip and see photos!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home