Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Costume Woes

I'm supposed to bring a costume to this Burning Man thing we're going to. My original idea was a sort of vamped out version of myself. Knee-high heeled black leather boots. Short skirt. Black bustier. Short red cape. I'd call myself MsMinervaJane. Except I tried it on last night and it fucking looked like crap. When did my thighs get so big? And my belly so pouchy? Argh. Now I'm stuck. If you got any ideas, post 'em. I'm desperate. Or else I'll be going as: 30-something woman from Brooklyn stranded in desert. On second thought maybe I'll drag my sister to some thrift stores on Saturday in San Fran.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Thrift stores are the best places for costumes; I'm sure you'll find something great there.

I've heard of this Burning Man thing. It sounds wild! I'm not a fan of heat or deserts or crowds, though, so I'm not sure it's my cup of tea.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Come on, MJ, we've all seen your pictures on the little Flickr thingie, and you are more toned than anybody I know. I'm sure it's all that yoga you do...

I think you should stick out the vamp concept. What is R going as?

3:02 AM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

The Burning Man thing looks really cool. And I see it's commerce-free and community-based, rather than a "spectator event". I think you'll have a great time, and I can't help but feel ever so slightly envious!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Vamp...amazon...tribal thingie...I love the red cape idea. Yes, boots too!

Or go the other way completely...one time I was at a fetish fashion show a leather event. I ended up dressed as my fetish in a long two piece 60's nightgown lingerie set in pink...I tied some stuffed animals on a leather long strig and dragged them around. When I went to meet my gay friends for drinks before the party...they yelled"OH my god, you aren't looking for a man, you're looking for a unicorn!"

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home