Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Zen & The Art

I'm almost done reading Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance for a second time. The first time I read it I was in high school and, honestly, I think failed to really get much from the text. This time, I'm particularly struck by the odd combination of philosophy text and novel, of storyline and metaphysical musings.

And then there are the odd gems. Like this:

"When you travel apath and note that another path breaks away to one side at say, a 30-degree angle, and then later another path branches away to the same side at a broader angle, say 45 degrees, and another path later at 90 degrees, you begin to understand that there's some point over there that all the paths lead to and that a lotof people have found it worthwhile to go that way, and you begin to wonder out of curiosity if perhaps that isn't the way you should go too."

1 Comments:

Blogger Buttercup said...

I just put this book on my Amazon wish list so I'll remember to pick it up soon. Based on both of your quotes from it, it sounds like it's something I would love reading. Thanks!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home