Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wednesday Confession

My sister lives on an organic farm outside Sacramento, California. In the fall she's returning to school to study poetry at UC Davis. And even though I know she's happy and doing what she loves, I still miss her so much that I find myself wishing from time to time that she'd move back east. Other times I attempt to convince Rod to move to SF. (Still working on that one, actually... Part of me feels I'm destined to be a Berkeley girl.) Luckily, though, I'm going to get to see her for a few days before Burning Man.

The weirdest part about seeing her after a long absence is having driven home that my facial expressions and gestures and little tics aren't just my own. It's like looking in a fucking mirror sometimes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

Sometimes, when I answer the phone at my sisters, it's her husband, and he thinks I'm her. My sis and I do not look alike at all, but we have similar accents and mannerisms...and voices...

I love that photo by the way, very non-conformist! heh heh

4:01 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Um...also, I see a face in the rock side behind...it's kinda freaky...

4:02 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle Myers said...

Gee...isn't California a wonderful place Jess!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home