Friday, September 15, 2006

Brooklyn Book Festival

Tomorrow the borough of Kings is hosting a free book festival right here in the Downtown Area. I'm planning on attending the Jonathen Lethem reading, among others. His Motherless Brooklyn was absolutely amazing.... If you haven't read it, do so immediately. And Fortress of Solitude was good, too, albeit a litte more rambling. Still, nested in the tale is a great portrait of the area realtors are now calling BoCoCa--Boerum Hill/Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens. R and I are a little closer to Manhattan--more like Brooklyn Heights/Cobble Hill, but still close enough for me to feel like I was reading about my own block. Lethem kind of reminds me of a cross between Paul Auster and Michael Chabon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Ooooh, I love a good book festival.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Yeah me too...Motherless Brooklyn was fantastic...haven't read Fortress...

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home