Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Next Newest Thing

Tonight R and I went out to this local thai place--cheap entrees; all cash. No outside banner or sign with the restaurant's name. Very Brooklyn, in other words. They've got a really nice patio and so we decided to eat out there instead of in the too-loud main room even though air was a little cold and windy.

Across from me I saw something I've never seen before: a perfectly coiffed blonde woman holding a cat on her lap. The gray feline wore a leash and hopped back into her overlarge purse while the woman quietly enjoyed her meal.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once saw a guy skateboarding down a street with a pot on his head. I have never forgot it. And wondered where I would ever use the image. Right here, I guess.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Red said...

How perfectly decadent. Did the cat have a diamond-studded collar, by any chance? And did you resist the urge to go over and talk to her about this unusual arrangement? I don't think I could have...

I HEART Thai food!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Minerva Jane said...

Yes, I ignored her. Just stared a lot. The weird thing was that none of the other diners seem to have noticed. the collar wasn't studded but it certianly was chichi--purple leather, I think.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

wow... what a fantastic sight! i put my cat on a leash once, right after i got her... she was about 4 months old, and i wanted to go to a concert on campus (i was a senior in college), but i wasn't ready to leave her yet (i was too attached:)... she didn't like being on a leash very much though... and she really didn't like all the huge dogs on leashes coming up to see what the little puffed up, pointy-eared thing on my leash was... it was entertaining though... never tried it since :)

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home