Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Reston

I'm in Reston, Virginia, where, for the next 5 days I'll be helping facilitate a conference for prostate cancer. (This is where the money comes to support the writing habit.)

This morning, as a knock on my door told me the breakfast and coffee had finally arrived, I realized how much I love hotel living. Is it the way my room is cleaned each evening when I return? The friendly person just a phone call away, ready to bring me all the extra pillows and blankets I desire? Or is it the 24-hour fitness club with heated pool downstairs?

Later this afternoon I'll have some time to explore the famous Reston Town Center and report back what I've learned. (Forget Paris! Try Reston.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

I do too. You know how people want to win the laottery and buy a mansion? I'd move right into a hotel.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

yup it's THE LIFE!!! being waited on hand & foot. A cup of coffee as soon as you wake up... without having to 1st make it yourself.........

3:55 AM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Enjoy! Let us know how the conference goes! Tee hee - I can tell you aren't talking about Wyoming motels/hotels. Here, except for Little America or Hitching Post in Cheyenne, you are lucky to get clean sheets. Have fun while you're gone!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home