Friday, February 09, 2007

If You'd Told Me...

ten years ago that I'd earn more money writing website content about how to repaint your NYC apartment than I would writing for a glossie yoga magazine, I'd have thought you were nuts.

But here I am.

(Although, the most money I've made yet was for the sex/travel column R & I wrote for playgir last yearl--under a pseudonym, bien sure. $1/word!)

The best part? I'm sitting in my living room and whenever I want to take a break, I flip back over to that short story I'm working on, the one about the bridal shower on the UES.

(Truth be told, I got stalled a bit on that one. Two other pieces just emerged out of nowhere each time I sat down to write--a short meta tale and a flash piece.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger raknak said...

can I read the flash piece?

11:04 PM  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Well, at least you're making a living writing something, and that allows you the freedom to write other stuff, too. Good on ya.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home