Monday, May 07, 2007

Brooklyn Greenway Tour

We went on a bike tour of the proposed greenway from the edge of Greenpoint, along the shores of the East River through Williamsburg, Brooklyn Navy Yards, Fort Greene, Dumbo, Brooklyn Heights and Red Hook on Saturday morning.



Now, I haven't been on a bike since Burning Man and that probably doesn't really count because we were biking around in the sand, at night...

But I'd forgotten how much biking feels like flying.

Sure, I was sore on Sunday morning. Not sore enough to pass up a walk with Rod through Park Slope to Greenwood Cemetary yesterday afternoon, but still: there were moments during that brief ride when I felt that if the slope of the road and the wind were just right maybe, just maybe, I could take off soaring like a bird over the city.

Which is a really long way of saying I'm getting my bike from my parents' house next time I make the trek down to Virginia.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i need to learn how to ride a bike again. i know they say you never forget... but i think that's a load of crap.

i miss riding bikes.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home