Friday, April 03, 2009

When Guilt Becomes Your Dirty Little Secret

Last Tuesday I went to a yoga class for the first time since MAS was born.

In some ways it felt really good--to be stretching and moving unencumbered by that sweet babyweight. In other ways it felt terrible: I've pretty much lost all upper body strength and my legs are stiffer than stiff.

And? Something weird happened.

As I was rousing from savasana and gathering my stuff together for the trek home this voice--clearly my own; I wasn't "hearing" voices--piped up inside my mind and said, "Oh, so are you finally ready to forgive yourself?"

The voice wasn't angry or heavy handed. Mostly just curious.

And me? I too was curious. I stood for a few seconds frozen in place, waiting to hear what my response was going to be. (Again, an inside response. I sure as shit wasn't going to be caught talking out loud to myself. I save that sort of craziness for home.)

I'm still waiting actually. So: what's it gonna be Minerva Jane? Curious minds wanna know.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Zorica Vuletic said...

Guilt is useless.

That is all.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Webmaster,

Please help us in resolving the Terms of Service violation Google issued to lilduckduck.com because of the problematic backlinks to our company’s website found on your website.
These backlinks can be found at:

http://minervajane.blogspot.in/2006_07_01_archive.html


Because our business depends on a continuously good relationship with Google, we must be in compliance with Google Webmaster, Google Penguin and Google Panda at all times.
So, we ask you to take immediate action in deleting the above backlinks so that we can restore our SEO ranking and continue to serve our customers well.

Thank you so much for your rapid response to our request.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home