Thursday, October 23, 2008

23 Weeks: Linea Negra & Some Belly Shots

So it happened. I got the linea negra--the dark line running from pubic bone to belly button... it only shows up in some women and apparently I'm one of them. The only part of this that freaks me out is the suggestion that it may not ever go away. And of course I'm double-freaked out at the thought that this may signal stretch marks galore down the line. I've been moisturizing like crazy with extra thick shea butter but apparently all the creams and lotions in the world won't make a difference: a woman's propensity to get strech marks during pregnancy is a hereditary thing.

Other pregnancy complaints: lower back pain and my monstrous breasts. (I mean really: they're fucking huge.)

On the plus and eternally grateful side I'm feeling the little Sprout move around constantly. Doesn't matter if I'm sitting down at my desk, standing in the subway car, doing yoga, walking--he's squirming left and right up and down. It's the coolest and strangest feeling in the entire world and makes me completely awestruck each time I feel it.

Anyway, let's change the subject and take a look at my burgeoning belly!

23 weeks today, folks.



I swear my stomach was flat back in May: that's all baby in there. My breasts don't look as huge as they do in real life because I'm wearing an uncomfortably tight and binding job bra for yoga... (Oh, and lounging on the bed in the background is Jasmine, the fluffiest cat ever.)



The painting behind me was a wedding gift from the talented Todd Wright. He's got tons of other painting for sale; if you're interested in seeing his work, let me know. (Cat is cat #2: Janus, the craziest cat ever.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home