Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hiatus Now Over

Okay. I've been AWOL for well over a week now, but I'm back! I have no real ecxuse except for maybe work and writing and life and PMS and. Well. Laziness.

But, in an effort to jumpstart things here again, I'm joining in with NaBloPoMo--that's National Blog Posting Month, started by fussy.org, for those not in the know. (I toyed ever so briefly with the idea of doing the national novel writing month thingy, but, to be honest, when I write that quickly I tend to churn out crap. But a post a day for a month? No prob.)

Exciting events on the horizen for November include: a couples date (yes! this is a NY thing apparently) with our friends' cousin and her husband; a trip to visit my grandmother and crazy aunt in northeatern PA; a weeklong Thanksgiving trek to San Francisco with R and my parents to visit both our friend M (in SF proper) and my sister G (in Davis, CA); my ongoing struggles with in-progress short story X; cats aplenty!

Thanks to everyone--Wandering Coyote, Diana, Candy, Red, Martha--for stopping by in my unforgiveable absence...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Is the couples date a blind couples date? I figure it must be, otherwise we're all very avant-garde here, since we've been "double-dating" for years. And I can't imagine us being avant-garde in anything, other than perhaps music. A bit.

November is shaping up to be busy chez Minerva, eh? What happens to the kittens when you travel? Do you get your in-laws to look in on them? Or do they go to a (gasp!) cattery?

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your point about consistency, sometimes its real hard to keep up the momentum. I am just back from a two week hiatus - my dog died and it was such a bad time that I oddly lost all interest in blogging.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Minerva Jane said...

red: we have a cat sitter come in once day to check in on the little ones, feed them, and make sure nothing's amiss.

mick: consistency's a bitch. especially when the real world intrudes! Sorry to hear about the dog: I was devastated a few years ago when my beagle passed away.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

of course we kept coming by, mj! i so love your writing and am always ready and waiting for something new. and i hear ya on the hiatus... i feel like i've been on a roller coaster of writing ups and downs.

i think i may join you on this nablopomo thing... we shall see :)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I wouldn't call it an unforgivable absence. Like you said on my blog, sometimes it's good to have a break. Besides, you sound really busy. Glad you're back at it, though.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

November sounds like a blast. I bet it will be good to see your sister in the person after the sad strange changes she had going on in August. The blogging NaBlo sounds fun, ambitious I'd say!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home