Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Bridge To Terabithia

So excited about this movie. I first read the book in Mrs. Roller's fifth grade class at Luxmanor Elementary in Rockville, Maryland and was absolutely entranced. Okay, partly because the main character's name was Jess (even though he was a boy, I still loved to see my own name in print) and partly because several years prior my own best friend Jennifer had died of leukemia. My memories of her at that point were already fragmented (her grandma drove a beat-up VW van; her dog got run over by a UPS truck; her backyard was enclosed by a chainlink fence) but I distinctly remember standing at the edge of the cul-de-sac, my sneaker slipping onto the curb and looking at her house thinking I wanted to go play with her even though I knew she wasn't there and I couldn't wrap my mind around how could someone be there one day and the next just not?

Anyhoo. I'll see the movie as soon as it comes to netflix.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'm really excited about this movie, too... and i've heard it's excellent. i'll be anxious to hear your thoughts... especially with such an amazing memory surrounding your experience with the book.

i hope it doesn't disappoint

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home