Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Scribbling: My First Act as Queen of the World

So I've decided to participate in this online writing group. Each week they post a writing prompt and on Sunday you post your responses and link back to the site.

This weeks is "My first act as Queen/ King of the World will be..."

And here's my first response. Whoo-hoo!

My first Act as Queen of the World would be to dole out one free wish to every person in the world. They’d be free to spend this wish anyway they’d like at any point in their lives. Some would spend it right away, on frivolous or poorly considered whims. Others might hoard it for years, only in later life spending it on selfless and noble endeavors or long-nurtured dreams and aspirations. Or any combination of the above. The only catch would be that once the wish was spent they’d have to describe in detail to me how and why they chose what they chose and if the wish did what they hoped it would or if it changed their lives in ways unanticipated or anticipated, unwelcome or welcome.

Because as a writer, I’m nothing if not a voyeur. And I find the things people long for endlessly interesting.

If you have a few moments, check out the Sunday Scribblings website as well as a list of other contributors.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger p said...

hey thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog :)
congrats on doing a sunday scribbling, its a great community eh?
I like this post, mostly because you are letting people choose something, not choosing for everyone your self. That you would want to know they why's and hows and use it for fodder to write is wonderful. It is also refreshing not to have to read about global warming and trying to make the world perfect...it will never be that way and if it were it would probably be stunted.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Novel concept! Good post!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

This is too cool. I want to particpate! :) Love your answer to this week's challenge.

2:18 PM  
Blogger DJPare said...

Welcome to Scribbling!

Great idea - how do I request my wish?? :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger rel said...

Minerva Jane,
Welcome to scribblings! ;)

I'm too cynical to give everybody a free wish.
rel

8:25 PM  
Blogger San said...

When do you take office, Minerva???

Glad I found your blog. Come over and visit me some day.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

love this! what an awesome response. as usual, you've provided a selfless answer to what many would have answered selfishly.

:)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to SS!

I like the idea of one free wish!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home