Monday, November 26, 2007

Has NY Turned Me Into A Meanie?

So our friend Mark observed while he was here that the energy (no he didn't really use that word, that's my edit) is much more hostile here on the East Coast than it is in California. He's right, of course.

But it got me to thinking today about the ways in which that energy has seeped into me, ways in which I might have absorbed this hostile culture. And you know that I think sometimes I am mean. Maybe not directly to other people, but certainly in the judgments and assumptions I make. I'm even harsh in judgments I make about myself.

So that's the first resolution on deck for January 1. And I'll start now, actually: to be nicer, to be kinder, in my thinking and in my actions.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i think dallas has made me meaner, too. dallas would very much like to be the nyc of texas. hahaha

anyway... part of the reason i want to get out of here. but i guess if it doesn't work out, i'll just have to ditto your resolution here in yucky dallas.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home