Friday, November 23, 2007

Whenever Possible We Added Butter

Last night was an extravaganza of eating and drinking.

Mark and Rod made the first course: sweet potato gnocchi with sage butter sauce, marinated beed, and tomato-basil-mozzerella salad with meier lemon flavored olive oil.

Yum!

Next we had turkey (brined overnight, of course) with sausage cornbread stuffing, candied yams, potatos with garlic, homemade cranberry sauce, gravy and asparagus with hollandaise sauce.

Dessert: chocolate pecan pie with ice cream.

A different wine with every course...

This morning I had a food hang-over but wasn't feeling so bad that I didn't sneak a forkful of pie while Mark and Rod were loooking the other way.

Next week I'm going on a tofu and veggie cleansing diet, though, because I'm going to get way too fat if I keep eating like this.

All in all, though, one of the best thanksgivings yet.

Am I grateful to have a husband and best friend this cool? You bet your life I am.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

sounds amazing!!

next time i come to new york... wanna cook for me? ;)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh wow, sounds excellent! Mmmm, what is it about Thanksgiving food that puts us into a delightful food-coma for days afterwards? Being surrounded by people that you love helps with that, too. Glad you had such a great time.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home