Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Static

I've decided that just about all my problems can be summarized with one sentence: I over-think things. Its like my life is a novel and I'm constantly deconstructing the main character's (me!) motivations and flaws and actions. It's fucking exhausting, to be honest.

I'm making an effort to stop doing that so much, but the process has just underlined just how often I fall into the habit.

My goal for the summer: to just jump right in whenever and however I can.

Vive!

2 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'm like you in this regard. i'm constantly reading and re-reading the novel of my life and evaluating how i might have done things better, how i wish things had turned out, etc.

so frustrating. yet i have no idea how to stop.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Word.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home