Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's in the blood

When I was a girl every few months I'd rearrange the furniture in my room whenever I felt bored or sad or just restless. Some how moving the bed from the far corner over toward the window and back again made things feel different. A new outlook, if you will. I guess some part of me felt that things would resolve themselves if I just realigned the objects around me in just the right way.

Which is a really long way of saying that you're not crazy and yes, I've changed blogger templates.

I'm contemplating making the jump to either wordpress or typepad, but I'm staying here at blogger until at least the end of summer because I'm going to be taking advantage of the free audioblogging feature while I'm at Burning Man.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I blame my similar need to rearrange furniture every few months (AND change my blogger template too!) to growing up in a military family. We moved every few years. Since I can't afford to move to a nicer, bigger apartment anytime soon, I guess my brain figures a change in my furniture will help soothe my desire to move.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

I am the same way...I like to try a new look every so often. I feel keeping things the same way is boring.... I also find it's the most effective way to clean under places I don't always get around to...
As for my blog template.... That's a whole lot more often....

3:15 AM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i used to do the same thing. i loved rearranging and redecorating whenever i had the chance... and i, too, did it when i was bored or restless.

i can't really do it anymore though... my apartment is way too small and basically can only be arranged one way... but i did just move in, so i'm getting the restless energy out by unpacking and decorating slowly. i can't really have people over b/c there are still boxes everywhere, but at least i'm prolonging the process :)

i like the new template, by the way.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Why are you thinking of moving over? Have you had problems with blogger or are the other programs just better?

12:45 PM  
Blogger raknak said...

hmm...the yellow headlines aren't exactly easy on the eyes.

Also: where's my EJ entry?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Minerva Jane said...

Thanks Marhta.

Annie: Blogger is really slow. Typepad has better layout features. And wordpress has a method of categorizing entries whole blogger does not.

Raknak: Damn. Knew I forgot something on friday. EJ coming at you. Plus, I'm slowly changing the headers from yellow to red but blogger is so slow today!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I also rearrange furniture every so often. I've done this since I was a kid. I think back then it was a means of control in a world where I felt I had so little. Now I just like to change things up because I get sick of the same ole, same ole. I've only changed blog templates once. This one looks...familiar...

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home