Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Annoying Inconsistencies of HBO's Tell Me You Love Me

1) The young nympho keeps answering her cell phone while working the line at that chichi restaurant. This totally wouldn't happen... Touches her germy phone then goes right back to handling food? Maybe in a Dennys but not in an upscale place. I did believe she'd have sex after hours on the counter, though. Because when there's no one there to see what you're doing who doesn't break the rules just a little? Especially that chick with the cheating and obsessive sex.

2) The couple trying to conceive: one episode she took something like eight or nine pregnancy tests in a row which meant she mut have had an endless supply of pee. Totally wouldn't happen that way. I don't know about you all but even when I drink tons of water it usually takes at least an hour or so for my bladder to fill back up again.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Felipe Anuel said...

But you stuck with until the bitter end. Me too! Of course, drooling over Ian Somerhalder (nympho girl's scruffy rebound man) was incentive enough for me to tough it out. Plus with Boone and Penny present, I could sometimes trick myself into believing I was watching an episode of Lost (come on February-- and hurry up writer's strike.)


Yeah, answering the cell phone at work kind of bugged me too.

Other than the endless pee stream, my problem with the pregnancy test scenes was there many a times that she didn't wash her hand. Of course, if the show didn't pride itself on being painfully realistic, I probably wouldn't have paid any attention to that.

And speaking as a person of color, I was kind of miffed that when they did introduce a minority (Mason's boyfriend) he had to be the weed man.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

yep. this show sounds RIGHT up my alley. [not]

hahahaha... somehow i can't believe you find time to watch television in the midst of all your other impressive pursuits.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yes - the endless pee totally bugged me too! Although I think that overall they did a pretty good job with the show. The character of Carolyn is very different than me, but it reminded me that so many women are going through the same thing. I know some women like Katie, too, so caught up in their lives that they start to forget who they are.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home