Friday, November 09, 2007

Paying Down the Debt?

I saw an interview with Dan Rather the other day (don't ask me on which channel or show because I can't for the life of me remember) talking about the Summer of Love and the cultural revolution of the 60s era. And he said something pretty funny. How those kids smoking pot openly in the Haight the summer of '69 are now the aging aged adults shopping the organic aisle, checking every last ingredient.

Think that's true? Do you think that the degree that you're into organics is directly proportionate to the amount of drugs you've done? Because even though I'm into the whole organic/local food and yoga and healthy living thing (I'm channeling positive energy as we speak) I have to admit there is a sense that I'm trying to compensate for damage I did to my body in my 20s. (Oh the melodrama of the 23 year-old poet! Red wine and cigarettes and angst galore! I even dyed my hair black and clothed myself in somber colors. Luckily, there are few pictures.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

hehe... 23-year-old mj with black hair and somber clothes. i can picture it now.

:)

11:39 AM  
Blogger jasonshirts said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Minerva Jane said...

oh I was such an earnest young thing martha I really was...

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home